Mitu, Narcis Eduard (2006): To a High Developed Public Sector. Published in: Finance - Ghallenges of the Future, ISSN 1583-3712 , Vol. No. 5, (2006): pp. 169-175.
Download (141Kb) | Preview
Performance measurement is a systematic process who affords evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization or a program. It applies real information (quantitative and qualitative characteristics) to help managers and customers (in our case, the citizens) to determine whether the expected results are being achieved. In Romania, the performance within the public sector represents a concept not so analyzed and rarely applied in practice. There is not the same situation in countries with a high developed economy , which represent an interest for us, alongside with the European integration.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||To a High Developed Public Sector|
|Keywords:||public sector, performance, performance measurement, public institutions|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D7 - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making > D73 - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
H - Public Economics > H1 - Structure and Scope of Government > H11 - Structure, Scope, and Performance of Government
P - Economic Systems > P1 - Capitalist Systems > P17 - Performance and Prospects
|Depositing User:||Narcis Eduard MITU|
|Date Deposited:||27. Sep 2008 23:53|
|Last Modified:||11. Feb 2013 20:37|
1. Davies I. C. - Evaluation and Performance Management in Government, SAGE Publications, London, 1999.
2. Ghisi A. P. - Desempenho das Entidades Fiscalizadoras Superiores e Indicadores de Rendimento, X Assembléia Geral OLACEFS. 2000.
3. Julnes P. L., Holzer M. - Promoting the Utilization of Performance Measures in Public Organizations: An Empirical Study of Factors Affecting Adoption and Implementation, Public Administration Review, November/December, 2001.
4. Mitu N. E., Stanciu C., Mitu I. E. - A possibility for the quantification of financial performance of the public administration, Annals of The University of Craiova, vol. I, no. 33, Craiova, 2005.
5. Newcomer K. E. - Measuring Government Performance, George Washington University, Washington, USA, 2003.
6. Peixoto P. - Desenvolvimento de Sistemas de Indicadores de Desempenho Institucional para Organizações Públicas, IOC, 2004.