Lahiri, Somdeb (2008): Rationality in a general model of choice.
Download (70kB) | Preview
In this paper we consider choice correspondences which may be empty-valued. We study conditions under which such choice correspondences are rational, transitively rational, partially rational, partially almost transitive rational, partially almost quasi-transitive rational.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Rationality in a general model of choice|
|Keywords:||choice correspondence, rational, almost transitive, almost quasi-transitive|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D7 - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making > D71 - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C6 - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling > C61 - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
|Depositing User:||Somdeb Lahiri|
|Date Deposited:||03. Oct 2008 01:14|
|Last Modified:||14. Feb 2013 18:15|
1. Aizerman, M.A. and F.Aleskerov (1995):Theory of Choice. Elsevier North Holland, Amsterdam.
2. Arrow, K.J.(1959): “Rational choice functions and orderings.” Economica, 26, 121-7.
3. Bernheim, B. Douglas and A. Rangel (2007): “Toward choice-theoretic foundations for behavioral welfare economics.” American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, 97, No.2. 464-470.
4. Bossert, W., Y. Sprumont and K. Suzumura (2006): “Rationalizability of choice functions on general domains without full transitivity,” Social Choice Welfare 27, 435-458.
5. Laslier, J.-F. (1997): “Tournament solutions and majority voting.” Volume 7 in the series “Studies in Economic Theory”, Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, New York.
6. Moulin, H. (1984): “Choice functions over a finite set: a summary,” Social Choice Welfare 2, 147-160.
7. Moulin, H. (1986): “Choosing from a tournament.” Social Choice Welfare 3, 271-291.
8. Richter, M.K. (1966): “Revealed preference theory.” Econometrica 34, 635-645.
9. Salant, Y. and A. Rubinstein (2008): “(A,f): Choice with frames,” Review of Economic Studies, 75, 1287-1296.
10. Suzumura, K. (1983): “Rational Choice, Collective Decisions and Social Welfare.” New York: Cambridge University Press.