Kannan, Srinivasan (2009): Program Management for Social Development.
Download (326Kb) | Preview
Program Management is an important step in Social Development. There are variety of uses of the term "program" in organizations. In general use, a program is a collection of organizational resources that is geared to accomplish a certain major goal or set of goals. This definition of a program is similar to that of an organization and a system. A program is also an organization and a system. It is created for a purpose for a time period. Program is a time bound set of activities having larger scope than a project. Otherwise the steps of Program Management is similar to that of Project Management.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Program Management for Social Development|
|English Title:||Program Management for Social Development|
|Keywords:||Program Management, Planning, Health, Situation Analysis, LFA, Programming, Evaluation, Monitoring|
|Subjects:||P - Economic Systems > P4 - Other Economic Systems > P41 - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
I - Health, Education, and Welfare > I1 - Health > I18 - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth > O2 - Development Planning and Policy
H - Public Economics > H5 - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth > O2 - Development Planning and Policy > O21 - Planning Models; Planning Policy
|Depositing User:||Kannan Srinivasan|
|Date Deposited:||21. Mar 2009 01:49|
|Last Modified:||20. Feb 2013 15:38|
1. Ashwani Saith, M. Vijayabaskar, ICTS and Indian Economic Development: Economy, Work, Regulation, SAGE Publications, 2005
2. Butler, Douglas, "India - technology in education some reflections on a recent seminar tour of Western India", ICT Training Centre, Oundle School, UK, www.argonet.co.uk/oundlesch, May 2001
3. Green, Andrew, An introduction to Health Planning for developing health systems, Third Edition, Oxford University Press, 2007
4. LFA, UNSO Office to Combat Desertification and Drought, Capacity Building Workshop for Dryland Management Beirut, Lebanon May 3-5, 2000 UNDP http://www.undp.org/seed/unso
5. Managerial Process for National Health Development Guiding Principles for use in support of strategies for health for all by the year 2000, WHO 1981, accessed from http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/9241800054.pdf on March 20 2009.
6. Michael Dougherty, Exploring New Modalities Experiences with Information and Communications Technology Interventions in the Asia-Pacific Region A Review and Analysis of the Pan-Asia ICT R&D Grants Programme UNDP-APDIP ICT4D Series 2006
7. Rao, T.P. Rama, "ICT for Social Development: Some Experiences and Observations", Center for Electronic Governance, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad- Prepared for IT Seminar on 18th September, 2004, at Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai.
8. Snyder, Kristen, "The Digital Culture and Communication: More than just Classroom Learning", Mid Sweden University, Seminar.net - International journal of media, technology and lifelong learning Vol. 1, Issue 2, 2005
9. Stern, Robert Mitchell, "Services in the International Economy By Robert Mitchell Stern Services in the International Economy", Published by University of Michigan Press, 2001