Hunka, Frantisek and Hucka, Miroslav and Kasik, Josef and Vymetal, Dominik (2009): Some Ontological Issues of the REA Framework in Relation to Enterprise Business Process.
Download (288kB) | Preview
The aim of the paper is to describe using REA framework to model enterprise planning not only at the operational level but also at the policy level. Using policy level enlarges the possibility of the models on the base of the REA framework because the policy level in this way represents metalevel of the model. The policy level of the REA framework itself is comprised both of the entities related by typification, grouping and policy relationships and of the Commitment entity with the fulfillment relationship. This entity may be viewed as either a sublayer or a middle layer of the REA framework. The Commitment entity belongs to the fundamental entities of the policy level but has some specifications that are expressed by the fulfillment relationship. This many-to-many relationship forms the link to the operational level. In the paper we discuss the problem and suggest some solution that moves the Commitment entity closer to the typification and grouping semantic abstractions.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Some Ontological Issues of the REA Framework in Relation to Enterprise Business Process|
|English Title:||Some Ontological Issues of the REA Framework in Relation to Enterprise Business Process|
|Keywords:||REA ontology; enterprise business process; semantic abstractions|
|Subjects:||M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting > M1 - Business Administration > M11 - Production Management
L - Industrial Organization > L2 - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior > L23 - Organization of Production
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C8 - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs > C88 - Other Computer Software
O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth > O2 - Development Planning and Policy > O21 - Planning Models; Planning Policy
|Depositing User:||Dominik Vymětal|
|Date Deposited:||14. Apr 2009 13:55|
|Last Modified:||19. Feb 2013 08:34|
1. Geerts GL, McCarthy (2006) Policy-Level Specification in REA Enterprise Information Systems. Journal of Information Systems. Vol 20, No. 2 pp. 37-63.
2. Geerts GL, McCarthy WE (2000) The Ontological Foundation of the REA Enterprise Information Systems. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association. Philadelphia, PA.
3. Geerts GL, McCarthy WE (2002) An Ontological Analysis of the Primitives of the Extended REA Enterprise Information Architecture at http://www.msu.edu/user/mccarth4/
4. Hruby P (2006) Model-Driven Design Using Business Patterns. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
5. Martin J, Odell JJ (1998) Object-Oriented Methods: a Foundation. Prentice Hall PTR Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
6. Arlow J, Neustadt I (2002) UML and Unified Process: Practical Object-Oriented Analysis and Design. Addison-Wesley UK
7. Hunka F, Hucka M, Kasik J, Vymetal D (2009) Enterprise Planning Model Using REA Ontology. At: http://vmbo.blogs.dsv.su.se/files/2009/02/stockholm_hunka.pdf