Islahi, Abdul Azim (2001): Obstacles in the way of Islamic banking in India. Published in: Islamic Banking in India, Scopes and Challenges (2003): pp. 165-170.
Download (32kB) | Preview
The present paper aims to give a brief account of the main difficulties faced by the movement of Islamic banking and finance in India. Some of these obstacles may not be special to Indian case. However, their intensity becomes many folds due to prevailing condition of suspicion or indifference and absence of executive and enforcing power. The purpose of highlighting these issues is to draw the attention of scholars and business activists to think over the measures that may be adopted to overcome these difficulties.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Obstacles in the way of Islamic banking in India|
|English Title:||Obstacles in the way of Islamic banking in India|
|Keywords:||Banking; Islamic Baning; Islamic baning in India.|
|Subjects:||E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics > E5 - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics > E5 - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit > E59 - Other
|Depositing User:||Abdul Azim Islahi|
|Date Deposited:||11. Nov 2009 14:40|
|Last Modified:||24. Mar 2015 00:49|
1. Fazlur Rahman, 'Tijarti Sud Tarikhi aur Fiqhi Nuqta-e- Nazar Se" (Commercial Interest from the stand point of History and Islamic Law) (Urdu), Aligarh Muslim University, 1967
2. Uzair, Muhammad, "An Outline of Interest-less Banking': Karachi/Dacca, Raihan Publications, 1955.
3. Khatkhatay, M.H. "Islamic Investment Activities in India': Paper presented at the second conference on Islamic Banking and Finance, Toronto, Canada, June 1997, Mimeo, p. 2.
4. The Journal of Banking, New Delhi, Vol. 19, No.4, April 2000, p. 10.
5. Usmani, Muhammad Taqi, An Introduction to Islamic Finance, Karachi, Idaratul Ma'arif. 1998, pp. 132-139.