Ayesha, Nazuk and Sadia, Nadir and Javid, Shabbir (2010): Adjustment of the Auxiliary Variable(s) for Estimation of a Finite Population Mean.
Download (318kB) | Preview
In this paper we have worked to weight and transform various estimators by Prasad (1986) and Lui (1991). We have introduced some ratio and ratio type estimators under weighting, transformation and model based approach, environment. We have introduced estimators efficient than estimators proposed by Chakrabarty (1979), Singh and Singh (1997), Singh (2002) and Singh et al. (2006).
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Adjustment of the Auxiliary Variable(s) for Estimation of a Finite Population Mean|
|Keywords:||model based approach; percent relative efficiency; product estimator; ratio estimator; regression estimator; simple mean unit estimator|
|Subjects:||C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C1 - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General > C13 - Estimation: General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics > C42 - Survey Methods
|Depositing User:||Ayesha Nazuk|
|Date Deposited:||12. Jun 2010 04:18|
|Last Modified:||16. Feb 2013 10:44|
1. Bandyopadhyay, S. (1994): On the efficiency of product method of estimation, Sankhya B, Vol. 56, pp. 222-227.
2. Chakrabarty, R.P. (1979): Some ratio-type estimators, Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, Vol. 25, pp. 49- 57.
3. Durbin, J (1959): A note on the application of Quenouille’s method of bias reduction to the estimation of ratios. Biometrika, Vol. 46, pp. 477-480.
4. Lui, K. J. (1991): A discussion of the limitations of B. Prasad’s estimator in finite population sampling. Communications in Statistics Theory and Methods, Vol. 20, pp. 293-298.
5. Mohanty, S. and Sahoo, J. (1995): A note on improving ratio method of estimation through linear transformation using certain known population parameters, Sankhya, Series B, Vol. 57, pp. 93-102.
6. Prasad, B. (1986): Unbiased estimators versus mean per unit and ratio estimators in finite population surveys, Communications in Statistics Theory and Methods, Vol. 12, pp. 3647-3657.
7. Rao, J.N.K. and Webster, J.T. (1966): On two methods of bias reduction in the estimation of ratios. Biometrika, Vol. 53, pp. 571-577.
8. Sahoo, J. and Jena, S. (2000): On the efficiency of Sen-Midzuno technique with transformed variables under a model, Statistica, Anno. LX, pp. 351-359
9. Singh, A.K. , Upadhyaya, L.N. and Singh, H.P. (2006): Comparisons of three product type estimators in small sample. Statistics in Transition, Vol. 7, pp. 917-928.
10. Singh, A.K. and Singh, H. P. (1997): A note on the efficiencies of three product-type estimators under a linear model. Journal of Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, Vol. 50, pp. 130-134.
11. Singh, G.N. (2000): A general class of ratio-type estimators under super population model. Biometrical journal, Vol. 42, pp. 363-375.
12. Singh, G.N. (2002): Empirical studies of generalized classes of ratio and product type estimators under a linear model. Statistics in Transition, Vol. 5, pp. 701-720.5
13. Srivenkataramana, T. and Tracy, D.S.T (1980): An alternative to ratio method in sample Survey, Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Vol. 32, pp. 111-120.
14. Srivenkataramana, T. and Tracy, D.S.T (1986): Transformation alter sampling, Statistics, Vol. 17, pp. 597-608.
15. Upadhyaya, L. N. , Singh, H. P. and Vos, J. W. E. (1985): On the estimation of population means and ratios using supplementary information. Statistica Neerlandica, Vol. 39, pp. 309-318.