Salchev, Petko and Hristov, Nikolai (2010): Stress test of hospitals in Bulgaria - proposed methodology.
Download (630kB) | Preview
Stress tests of financial institutions are becoming more common in the midst of a global recession and unpredictable future economic growth. We believe that apart from banks, stress tests can be conducted on hospitals as well and will have their merit. The proposed methodology for risk assessment in hospitals is only one of many possible solutions and has already been tested on the field. We demonstrate the results from such testing. Consequently, we propose the introduction of routine stress testing in the hospital care sector.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Stress test of hospitals in Bulgaria - proposed methodology|
|English Title:||Stress test of hospitals in Bulgaria - proposed methodology|
|Keywords:||stress test, risk assessment, hospitals, Bulgaria|
|Subjects:||I - Health, Education, and Welfare > I1 - Health > I11 - Analysis of Health Care Markets
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D81 - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics > C43 - Index Numbers and Aggregation
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C5 - Econometric Modeling
G - Financial Economics > G3 - Corporate Finance and Governance > G32 - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics > A10 - General
M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting > M2 - Business Economics > M20 - General
|Depositing User:||Prof. Petko Salchev|
|Date Deposited:||13. Dec 2010 06:27|
|Last Modified:||12. Feb 2013 02:05|
1. Salchev P. Integral hospital benchmark index. Methodology and practial implementation. 2nd edn. Sofia: Diligentis, 2010. http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/integral-hospital-benchmark-index-methodology-and-practical-implementation/12790220 (accessed 11/19/2010).
2. Angelov G. Стрес тест, а не вяра, трябва да крепи бюджета. Вестник Сега, 10/06/2010. http://www.segabg.com/online/new/articlenew.asp?issueid=7176§ionid=5&id=0001001 (accessed 11/19/2010).
3. Bruce L. What are bank stress tests? MSN Money, 2010. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/what-are-bank-stress-tests.aspx (accessed 11/19/2010).
4. Committee of European banking supervisors. Aggregate outcome of the 2010 EU wide stress test exercise coordinated by CEBS in cooperation with the ECB, 07/23/2010. http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0723/cebs_summaryreport.pdf (accessed 11/19/2010).
5. Bulgarian National Bank. Guidelines for performing stress tests in the framework of the monitoring process, 2010. http://www.bnb.bg/bnbweb/groups/public/documents/bnb_law/bs_solv_r8_guidlines_03_bg.pdf (accessed 11/19/2010).
6. Schaeuble Says Bank Stress-Test Publication Raises Transparency of System. By Rainer Buergin - Jul 23, 2010, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Five steps to risk assessment. Published by the Health and Safety Executive INDG163(rev2) 06/06, http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg163.pdf (accessed 11/19/2010).
8. Business Risk Analysis. Conduct a business risk assessment against each business function. By Tactical Strategy Group, Inc. http://www.venturechoice.com/articles/business_risk.htm (accessed 11/19/2010).
9. Chris Rodger and Jason Petch. Uncertainty & Risk Analysis. April 1999. Business Dynamics, PricewaterhouseCoopers United Kingdom firm. http://clem.mscd.edu/~mayest/Excel/Files/Uncertainty%20and%20Risk%20Analysis.pdf (accessed 11/19/2010).