Mohamed, Issam A.W. (2011): Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield.
Download (313kB) | Preview
The present study constructs a decision support system to determine the best seeding rate out of a group of seeding rates applied in the field. The DSS has been built receives the field data as inputs, and then apply split plot algorithms of (Gomez & Gomez, 1984) to find the results. These results showed in stepwise manner and specifically similar to that of the manual processing, hence it is so easy to understand. The DSS specific is four folds seeding rates with two cultivars of the crop.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield|
|English Title:||Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield|
|Keywords:||Informatics, Decision Support System,Seeding Rate, Productivity|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D2 - Production and Organizations
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D81 - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics > A10 - General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth > O1 - Economic Development
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics > C44 - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
N - Economic History > N5 - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment, and Extractive Industries
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D83 - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief
L - Industrial Organization > L1 - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance > L15 - Information and Product Quality; Standardization and Compatibility
|Depositing User:||Professor Issam A.W. Mohamed|
|Date Deposited:||20. Jun 2011 00:21|
|Last Modified:||11. Feb 2013 17:29|
1. Abdel-Rahman, E.M. (2003). Effect of Seeding Rate on Growth and Yield of Two Alfalfa ( Medicago sativa L.) Cultivars. M.Sc. Thesis- Department of Agronomy,Faculty of Agriculture , University of Khartoum.
2. Alavi, M. (2000). System for Managing Organizational Knowlwdge. Tips and Tools. Internet(2003).
3. Bouma, J. A. ; Kuyvenhoven, B. A. M.; Bouman, J. C. (1995) : Eco-regional Approaches for Sustainable Land Use and Food Production. Internet(2003).
4. Gomez, K. A. and Gomez A. .A. (1984). Statistical Procedure for Agricultural Research 2end Ed. John Wiley and Sons. Inc. New York. U.S.A.
5. Guisseppi A. F. HMSS (1999): A Management Support System for Concurrent Hospital Decision Making. Information Systems Department, University of Maryland Blatimore County, Catonsville, USA.
6. Hammer, G. L. Hansen, J. W. (2000): Advances in Application of Climate Prediction in Agriculture.
7. Kuhlmann, F. ; Brod, C. (2001): Information Technology and Farm Management, Development and Prespectives. Institute of Farm Management, Justus- Liebig- University Giessen, Senckenbergstrass 3, D-35390 Giessen, Germany.
8. Neuman, F. A. ; Crul, R. ; Bruggeman, H. (2000): Developing a Shared Information Reservior From a Regional Prespective. Internet(2003).
9. Neuman, F. A. ; Bruggman, H. (2000): WISARD Web-based Information System on Agricultural Research for Development, a Platform for Sharing Information in an international Context. Internet(2003).
10. Siddig, K.H. (2001). Measuring Market Integration With an Econometric Technique ( Co-Integration): An Application to Selected Sesame Markets in The Sudan (M.Sc. thesis, agricultural Economy. university of Khartoum).
11. Shulthsis, R. ; Summer, M. (1988): Management Information Systems- manager view.
12. Wanger, P. ; Kuhlmann, F. (1991): Concept and Implementation of an Integrated Decision Support System (IDSS) for Capital-Intensive Farming, Institute of Farm Management, Justus- Liebig- University Giessen, Senckenbergstrass 3, W- 6300 GiesBen, Germany.
Available Versions of this Item
- Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 20. Jun 2011 00:21) [Currently Displayed]