Moisescu, Ovidiu Ioan (2006): Aspects regarding rebranding strategies - A conceptual and practical approach. Published in: The Proceedings of the International Conference „Economy and Transformation Management” (2006): pp. 719-728.
A brand is an extremely valuable intangible asset to any company and it communicates a set of values to its customers, employees, investors, and other stakeholders. Changing that identity or a part of it must be seen as a serious strategic decision, requiring careful planning. A rebranding strategy, which implies often a long-held brand name being discarded, must be profoundly analyzed before implementing it. This paper views rebranding as a permanent process, from revitalizing a current brand to a full name change, involving sometimes alterations in brand values and promises, and outlining some of the main approaches to renaming a corporate brand. It then presents a case history and an assessment of Orange's rebranding strategy during the last years.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Aspects regarding rebranding strategies - A conceptual and practical approach|
|English Title:||Aspects Regarding Rebranding Strategies - A Conceptual and Practical Approach|
|Keywords:||Brand Strategy, Rebranding, Brand Values|
|Subjects:||M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting > M3 - Marketing and Advertising > M31 - Marketing|
|Depositing User:||Ovidiu I. MOISESCU|
|Date Deposited:||04. Jul 2011 19:23|
|Last Modified:||11. Feb 2013 12:06|
1. Daly, Aidan, Moloney, Deirdre (2004). Managing Corporate Rebranding, Irish Marketing Review, Vol.17, No.1&2
2. Kaikati, Jack G., Kaikati, Andrew M. (2003). A Rose by Any Other Name: Rebranding Campaigns that Work, Journal of Business Strategy, Vol.24, No.6
3. Kapferer, Jean Noel (1992). Strategic Brand Management, Kogan Page, London
4. Kotler, Philip (2003). Marketing insights from A to Z : 80 Concepts Every Manager Needs to Know, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New Jersey
5. Riezebos, Rik, Kist, Bas, Kootstra, Gert (2003). Brand Management. A Theoretical and Practical Approach, Financial Times Prentice Hall, Pearson Education Limited, Edinburgh