Wu, Haoyang (2011): A non-cooperative Pareto-efficient solution to a one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma.
This is the latest version of this item.
Download (466Kb) | Preview
The Prisoner's Dilemma is a simple model that captures the essential contradiction between individual rationality and global rationality. Although the one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma is usually viewed simple, in this paper we will categorize it into five different types. For the type-4 Prisoner's Dilemma game, we will propose a self-enforcing algorithmic model to help non-cooperative agents obtain Pareto-efficient payoffs. The algorithmic model is based on an algorithm using complex numbers and can work in macro applications.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||A non-cooperative Pareto-efficient solution to a one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma|
|Keywords:||Prisoner's Dilemma; Non-cooperative games|
|Subjects:||C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C7 - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory > C72 - Noncooperative Games|
|Depositing User:||Haoyang Wu|
|Date Deposited:||24. Nov 2011 17:00|
|Last Modified:||22. Feb 2013 13:54|
1. R. Axelrod, W.D. Hamilton, The evolution of cooperation, Science, 211 (1981) 1390-1396.
2. M.A. Nowak, R.M. May, Evolutionary games and spatial chaos, Nature, 359 (1992) 826-829.
3. F.C. Santos, J.M. Pacheco, Scale-free networks provide a unifying framework for the emergence of cooperation, Phys. Rev. Lett., 95 (2005) 098104.
4. M. Perc and A. Szolnoki, Social diversity and promotion of cooperation in the spatial prisoner's dilemma game, Phys. Rev. E, 77 (2008) 011904.
5. J. Eisert, M. Wilkens, M. Lewenstein, Quantum games and quantum strategies, Phys. Rev. Lett., 83 (1999) 3077-3080.
6. J. Du, H. Li, X. Xu, M. Shi, J. Wu, X. Zhou and R. Han, Experimental realization of quantum games on a quantum computer, Phys. Rev. Lett., 88 (2002) 137902.
7. S. J. van Enk and R. Pike, Classical rules in quantum games, Phys. Rev. A 66 (2002) 024306.
8. S.C. Benjamin, P.M. Hayden, Comment on ``Quantum Games and Quantum Strategies'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 87 (2001) 069801.
9. A.P. Flitney and L.C.L. Hollenberg, Nash equilibria in quantum games with generalized two-parameter strategies, Phys. Lett. A 363 (2007) 381-388.
11. L.G. Telser, A theory of self-enforcing agreements. Journal of Business, 53 (1980) 27-44.
Available Versions of this Item
A non-cooperative Pareto-efficient solution to a single-shot Prisoner's Dilemma. (deposited 05. Apr 2011 17:47)
- A non-cooperative Pareto-efficient solution to a one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma. (deposited 24. Nov 2011 17:00) [Currently Displayed]