Elfaki, Muawia and Mohamed, Issam A.W. (2011): Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield.
Download (306Kb) | Preview
The present study reviews the determination of the crop yield issues. Data analysis and utilization in the determination is essential for better production and economic performance. We follow the method of Williamson (1988) in discussing those issue and briefly compare them to application in Sudan.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield|
|English Title:||Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield|
|Keywords:||Capital Intensity, Seeding Rate, Productivity|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D2 - Production and Organizations
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D81 - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics > A10 - General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth > O1 - Economic Development
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics > C44 - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
N - Economic History > N5 - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment, and Extractive Industries
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D83 - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief
L - Industrial Organization > L1 - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance > L15 - Information and Product Quality; Standardization and Compatibility
|Depositing User:||Professor Issam A.W. Mohamed|
|Date Deposited:||06. Dec 2011 11:47|
|Last Modified:||16. Feb 2013 07:07|
1. Bachev H. (2000) Economics of Agrarian Institutions. Journal of Agricultural Economics and Management, No 3.
2. Bachev H. and M. Labonne (2000) About Agrarian Innovations, INRA, Montpellier
3. Bachev H. and M.Tsuji (2001a) Governing of Agrarian Transactions. Management and Rural Planning II, Kyushu University, Fukuoka.
4. Dahlman C. (1979) The problem of Externality. Journal of Law and Economics, 22.
5. Demsetz H. (1969) Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint. Journal of Law and Economics, 12
6. Eggertsson, T. (1990) Economic Behavior and Institutions. New York: Cambridge University Press.
7. Furuboth E., and Richter R. (1998) Institutions and Economic Theory: The Contribution of the New Institutional Economics, The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor.
8. Kaneva K. (2001) Current Problems of Restructuring of Bulgarian Agriculture. BAAE, Sofia.
9. Sporleder T. (1992) Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vo l 74, No 5.
10. Williamson O. (1996) The Mechanisms of Governance, Oxford University Press, New York.
11. Arrow, K. (1974) The Limits of Organization. New York: W.W. Norton.
12. Barney, J. (1990) The Debate between Traditional Management Theory and Organizational Economics: Substantive Differences or Inter-group Conflict? Academy of Management Review, 15:382-93.
13. Barry, P. (1993) Coordinating Research, Extension, and Outreach in Agricultural Economics”, Amer. J. Agr. Econ. 75:5: 1091-1101.
14. Barry, P.J. (1999) Where Next for Agribusiness Research and Education? An Organizational Economics Perspective,” Amer. J. Agr. Econ. 81:5: 1061-1065.
15. Barzell, Y. (1997) Economic Analysis of Property Rights, 2nd ed., New York: Cambridge University Press.
16. Cook, M. and Chaddad, F. (2000) Agroindustrialization of the Global Agrifood Economy: Bridging Development Economics and Agribusiness Research,” Agricultural Economics 23: 207-218.
17. Grossman, S., and Hart, O. (1986) The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration”. Journal of Political Economy 94: 691-719.
18. Hart, O. (1995) Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
19. Hart, O., and Moore, J. (1990) “Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,” Journal of Political Economy, 98: 1119-58.
20. Jensen, M. and Meckling, W. (1976) Theory of the Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs and Ownership Structure,” Journal of Financial Economics 3: 305-60.
21. Tirole, J. (1988) The Theory of Industrial Organization. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
22. Williamson, O. (1988) The Logic of Economic Organizations. Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 4: 65-93.
23. Williamson, O. (1996) The Mechanisms of Governance. New York: Oxford University Press.
Available Versions of this Item
Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 20. Jun 2011 00:21)
- Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 06. Dec 2011 11:47) [Currently Displayed]