Mohamed, Issam A.W. (2011): Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield.
This is the latest version of this item.
Download (363Kb) | Preview
The present study constructs a decision support system to determine the best seeding rate out of a group of seeding rates applied in the field. The DSS has been built receives the field data as inputs, and then apply split plot algorithms of (Gomez & Gomez, 1984) to find the results. These results showed in stepwise manner and specifically similar to that of the manual processing, hence it is so easy to understand. The DSS specific is four folds seeding rates with two cultivars of the crop.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield|
|English Title:||Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield|
|Keywords:||Informatics, Decision Support System,Seeding Rate, Productivity|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D2 - Production and Organizations
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D81 - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics > A10 - General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth > O1 - Economic Development
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics > C44 - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
N - Economic History > N5 - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment, and Extractive Industries
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D83 - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief
L - Industrial Organization > L1 - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance > L15 - Information and Product Quality; Standardization and Compatibility
|Depositing User:||Professor Issam A.W. Mohamed|
|Date Deposited:||07. Dec 2011 16:34|
|Last Modified:||20. Feb 2013 09:21|
1. Bachev H. (2000) Economics of Agrarian Institutions. Journal of Agricultural Economics and Management, No 3.
2. Bachev H. and M. Labonne (2000) About Agrarian Innovations, INRA, Montpellier
3. Bachev H. and M.Tsuji (2001a) Governing of Agrarian Transactions. Management and Rural Planning II, Kyushu University, Fukuoka.
4. Dahlman C. (1979) The problem of Externality. Journal of Law and Economics, 22.
5. Demsetz H. (1969) Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint. Journal of Law and Economics, 12
6. Eggertsson, T. (1990) Economic Behavior and Institutions. New York: Cambridge University Press.
7. Furuboth E., and Richter R. (1998) Institutions and Economic Theory: The Contribution of the New Institutional Economics, The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor.
8. Kaneva K. (2001) Current Problems of Restructuring of Bulgarian Agriculture. BAAE, Sofia.
9. Sporleder T. (1992) Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vo l 74, No 5.
10. Williamson O. (1996) The Mechanisms of Governance, Oxford University Press, New York.
11. Arrow, K. (1974) The Limits of Organization. New York: W.W. Norton.
12. Barney, J. (1990) The Debate between Traditional Management Theory and Organizational Economics: Substantive Differences or Inter-group Conflict? Academy of Management Review, 15:382-93.
13. Barry, P. (1993) Coordinating Research, Extension, and Outreach in Agricultural Economics”, Amer. J. Agr. Econ. 75:5: 1091-1101.
14. Barry, P.J. (1999) Where Next for Agribusiness Research and Education? An Organizational Economics Perspective,” Amer. J. Agr. Econ. 81:5: 1061-1065.
15. Barzell, Y. (1997) Economic Analysis of Property Rights, 2nd ed., New York: Cambridge University Press.
16. Cook, M. and Chaddad, F. (2000) Agroindustrialization of the Global Agrifood Economy: Bridging Development Economics and Agribusiness Research,” Agricultural Economics 23: 207-218.
17. Grossman, S., and Hart, O. (1986) The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration”. Journal of Political Economy 94: 691-719.
18. Hart, O. (1995) Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
19. Hart, O., and Moore, J. (1990) “Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,” Journal of Political Economy, 98: 1119-58.
20. Jensen, M. and Meckling, W. (1976) Theory of the Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs and Ownership Structure,” Journal of Financial Economics 3: 305-60.
21. Tirole, J. (1988) The Theory of Industrial Organization. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
22. Williamson, O. (1988) The Logic of Economic Organizations. Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 4: 65-93.
23. Williamson, O. (1996) The Mechanisms of Governance. New York: Oxford University Press.
Available Versions of this Item
Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 20. Jun 2011 00:21)
Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 06. Dec 2011 11:47)
- Decision Support Systems and the Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 07. Dec 2011 16:34) [Currently Displayed]
- Economics of Seeding Rate in Crop Yield. (deposited 06. Dec 2011 11:47)