Boldea, Ioan (2006): A STUDY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OUTSOURCING. Published in:
Download (91kB) | Preview
IT outsourcing is the practice of contracting out the running of a part of an organization computer department. It is not a new phenomenon, but the scale and scope of its occurrence has greatly increased over the last decade. Due to the fact that IT outsourcing has no obviously and quantifiable benefits, most of the business entities choose not to do outsource their IT.
The paper is based on the idea of incapability of exact determination of IT services costs. The purpose of this research regards the layout of the current approaches to outsourcing, description of different types of IT outsourcing and their advantages and the analysis of some models which might be used in order to facilitate the IT decision making process.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||A STUDY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OUTSOURCING|
|Keywords:||IT Outsourcing, IT Services, Outsourcing costs|
|Subjects:||O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth > O3 - Innovation ; Research and Development ; Technological Change ; Intellectual Property Rights > O30 - General
M - Business Administration and Business Economics ; Marketing ; Accounting ; Personnel Economics > M1 - Business Administration > M10 - General
M - Business Administration and Business Economics ; Marketing ; Accounting ; Personnel Economics > M2 - Business Economics > M21 - Business Economics
|Depositing User:||Claudiu BRANDAS|
|Date Deposited:||13. Feb 2008 07:27|
|Last Modified:||22. Feb 2015 17:51|
1. Grover V., Teng I. (1993), The Decision of Outsource Information Systems Functions, Journal of Systems Management
2. Halpes M. (1993), How to Enter Outsourcing, Computerworld
3. Lacity M., Hirscheim R. (1993), Information System Outsourcing: Myths, Methaphors and Realities, Chichester, Wiley Publishing, UK
4. Martinsons M. (1993), Outsourcing Information Systems: A Strategic Partnership with Risks, Long Range Planning, Vol. 26th, no. 3
5. Savery M. (1994), A Strategy of Information Technology Outsourcing in the United Kingdom, Oxford Academic Press
6. Information Technology Review, (1991, 1992, 1993) Price Waterhousse, London.