Logo
Munich Personal RePEc Archive

Pensiones en México. Caso IMSS

Villalobos Lopez, Jose Antonio (2021): Pensiones en México. Caso IMSS.

[img]
Preview
PDF
MPRA_paper_107459.pdf

Download (1MB) | Preview

Abstract

In Mexico, the absence of a general pension law has led to the non-homogeneous legal rules, the same contribution criteria, retirement age and, in essence, the amount of pension enjoyment. In 2018 our country had 56 million people from PEA, of whom 59% did not have access to pension and 41% if they enjoyed this benefit, of these the IMSS absorbed 86.3% of workers and ISSSTE at 11.3%, giving the sum of both 97.6%. Amendments to the IMSS Act of December 2020 will reduce from 1250 to 1000 weeks the minimum required to enjoy the pension, which will start from 750 weeks and the fees charged by AFORE will be at levels similar to those charged in the United States, Colombia and Chile.

Atom RSS 1.0 RSS 2.0

Contact us: mpra@ub.uni-muenchen.de

This repository has been built using EPrints software.

MPRA is a RePEc service hosted by Logo of the University Library LMU Munich.