Corduneanu, Carmen and Iovu, Laura Raisa (2007): Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Development in Romania.
Download (190kB) | Preview
The regional integration of the Romanian economy implies the continuation of modernizing existent structures, expanding the new entrepreneurial culture and foster the individual competences for corresponding to the European model. Foreign direct investments represent the link between financial and productive systems, integrating them at a regional and global level. Beside the imported capital flows, they have a direct impact upon the management of the productive entities, assure a transfer of modern technologies, increase the level of occupation and the household available income, modifying the consumers culture. The regional development policy must ensure the reduction of disparities between the different levels of development of the Romanian regions through encouraging foreign direct investment capable of completing the little dimension of the local capital. Taking into consideration the movement of disparities to East and the fact that the increase of economical development disparity after the last two European Union enlargements did not involve a higher level of allocated funds, foreign direct investments remain an alternative for the disparity elimination and accelerating the restructuring marked by the globalization
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Development in Romania|
|Keywords:||regional development, socio-economical disparities, foreign direct investments|
|Subjects:||F - International Economics > F2 - International Factor Movements and International Business > F21 - International Investment ; Long-Term Capital Movements
F - International Economics > F4 - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance > F43 - Economic Growth of Open Economies
E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics > E2 - Consumption, Saving, Production, Investment, Labor Markets, and Informal Economy > E20 - General
|Depositing User:||Raisa Milos|
|Date Deposited:||22. Jan 2009 06:51|
|Last Modified:||22. Apr 2015 23:49|
• Balasubramanyam, V.N., Salisu M., Sapsford D.- Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries, Economic Journal 106:92-105, 1996
• Bell, M. - Learning and accumulation of industrial and technological capability in developing countries, în: Fransman, M., King, K.(Eds.) - Technological capacity in the Third Word, Londra, Macmillan, 1984. p. 187-209.
• Blomström, M.- Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico The Journal of Industrial Economics 35(1): 97-110, 1986
• Blomström, M., Konan D., Lipsey R. - FDI in the Restructuring of the Japanese Economy, The European Institute of Japanese Studies (EIJS), Working Paper No. 91, 2000, Stockholm.
• Zhu, G., Tan, K. - Foreign Direct Investment and Labor Productivity: New Evidence from China as the Host, Thunderbird International Business Review 2wAA42(5): pg.507-528, 2000