Josheski, Dushko and Lazarov, Darko and Koteski, Cane and Sovreski V., Zlatko (2011): The world energy production, consumption and productivity in the energy sector, population and the per capita growth: Regression analysis.
Download (521kB) | Preview
In this paper was investigated the relationship between GDP per capita growth and Log of energy production, energy consumption per capita, the log of productivity in energy sector and population. Data covered sample for 220 countries and world regions, years covered from 1980 to 2002.The results showed that if energy consumption increases by 1% GDP per capita growth will decline by 0,57%, if energy production will rise by 1% growth will rise by 1,51%, if population rise by 1% growth will decline by 0,098%, although this coefficient is statistically here below significance. If productivity in energy sector rise by 1% growth will rise by 1,32%.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||The world energy production, consumption and productivity in the energy sector, population and the per capita growth: Regression analysis|
|Keywords:||Energy, economic growth, population, sustainable growth|
|Subjects:||Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics ; Environmental and Ecological Economics > Q4 - Energy > Q43 - Energy and the Macroeconomy|
|Depositing User:||DJ Josheski|
|Date Deposited:||28. Oct 2011 04:51|
|Last Modified:||12. Feb 2013 13:39|
1. Wakeford, J., (2007), Peak Oil and South Africa: Impacts and Mitigation, Association for the Study of Peak Oil & Gas – South Africa
2. LLOYD‟S 360 RISK INSIGHT , WHITE PAPER ON SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SECURITY
3. European Commission: “Green Paper towards a European strategy for the security of energy supply”.
4. U.S. Energy Information Administration, Independent Statistics& Analysis, http://www.eia.gov/emeu/international/other.html#IntlGDP
5. International Energy Agency, http://www.iea.org/stats/index.asp