Mara, Eugenia Ramona (2011): The underground economy in Romania. Published in: Annals. Economic Science Series , Vol. XVII, (2011): pp. 1117-1123.
Download (204kB) | Preview
The actual economic crisis has a major impact on the underground economy because of tax burden increase especially. This study realizes an analysis of the major implications of the economic crises on the size and the consequences of the underground activities. Also we try to reveal the correlation between the underground economy and the official one. The conclusion of this study is that the shadow activities have grown since the financial crisis began.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||The underground economy in Romania|
|English Title:||The underground economy in Romania|
|Keywords:||underground economy, tax burden, taxation system|
|Subjects:||O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth > O1 - Economic Development > O10 - General
H - Public Economics > H2 - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
|Depositing User:||Eugenia Ramona Mara|
|Date Deposited:||06. Feb 2012 16:20|
|Last Modified:||12. Feb 2013 18:33|
1. Buziernescu R., 2007, Evaziunea fiscală internă şi internaţională, Editura Universitaria, Craiova
2. Choi, Jay Pil and Thum, Marcel P., 2002, Corruption and the Shadow Economy CESifo Working Paper Series No. 633, Available on SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=297602
3. Dell’Anno, R., 2007, The shadow economy in Portugal: an analysis with the MIMIC approach, Journal of Applied Economics. Vol X, No. 2 (Nov 2007), 253-277
4. Schneider, F., & Enste, D., 2002, Hiding in the Shadows: The Growth of the Underground Economy. Economic Issues No. 30, IMF, http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/issues/issues30/index.htm
5. Schneider F., 2010, Size and Development of the Shadow Economy of 31 European Countries from 2003 to 2010, ShadEcEurope31_2010.doc
6. Schneider, F. (2005a). Shadow Economies of 145 Countries All Over the World: What Do We Really Know?, CREMA Working Paper 2006-01, Basel, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts.