Mohammad, Irfan and Farooq, G. M. and Khan, Zubaida and Mohammad, Rafiq and Tariq, Javed Khan and Nasir, Mueen (1983): An Investigation of Household Reproductive Behaviour in Pakistan. Published in: Studies in Population, Labour Force and Migration Project Report No. 4 (1983)
Download (15MB) | Preview
Our present concern is with fertility determinants on Pakistan. Based on the household data co11cted in connection with PIDE/ILO project "Studies in Population, Labour Ircrce and Migration in Pakistan" an attempt is made to ascertain the influence of various socio-economic variables on household fertility decision making. The analysis which follows is preliminary in nature and can be characterised as taking a general socio-economic approach.
Various fertility measures available from the survey are described in this paper followed by a discussion on the choice and specification of independent variables in the next section. Regression results are presented in the third section.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||An Investigation of Household Reproductive Behaviour in Pakistan|
|Keywords:||Household Survey; Reproductive Behaviour in Pakistan; Fertility measures; Regression Analysis|
|Subjects:||J - Labor and Demographic Economics > J1 - Demographic Economics > J13 - Fertility ; Family Planning ; Child Care ; Children ; Youth
H - Public Economics > H3 - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents > H31 - Household
J - Labor and Demographic Economics > J1 - Demographic Economics
D - Microeconomics > D1 - Household Behavior and Family Economics
R - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics > R2 - Household Analysis
|Depositing User:||Nabeela Arshad|
|Date Deposited:||20 Jun 2012 16:39|
|Last Modified:||03 Feb 2017 09:19|
1. Anderson, Kathryn H. The Estimation of Wage Elasticities in Fertility Demand Equation: Economic Growth Centre Yale University, Centre Discussion paper No.346. March 1980.
2. Becker, G. S. "An Economic Analysis of Fertility" in Demographic and Economic Change in Developed Countries University National Bureau Conference Series No.11 Princeton New Jersey. Princeton University Press 1960.
3. Becker, G.S. 'A Theory of the Allocation of Time" Economic Journal 75(1965).
4. Becker, G.S. and H. Gregg Lewis; "On the Interaction Between the Quantity and Quality of Children" Journal of Political Economy, 81(1973).
5. Becker G. S. and Nigel Tomes. "Child Endowments and the Quantity and Quality of Children" Working paper No.123 National bureau of Economic Research, 1976.
6. Blandy, R.J., "The Welfare Analysis of Fertility Reduction" Economic Journal (1974)
7. Bogue D.J. and A.O. Tsui. "A Reply to Paul Demeny's "On the End of the Population Explosion" Pqpulation and Development Review., 5 No.3 (September 1979).
8. Bongaarts J. "A Framework for Analysis: tie Proximate Determinants of Fertility" Population and Development Review 4, No.1 (March 1978).
9. Davis K. and J. Blake. "Social Structure and Fertility: An Analytical Framework", Economic Devlopment and Cultural Change 4(1956).
10. Demeny, P. "On the End of the Population Explosion" Population and Development Review Vol.5 No.1 (March 1979).
11. Demeny, P. "A Note on Priorities for Fertility Determinants Research" Population and Development Review Vol.7 No.2 (June 1981).
12. De Tray. "On the Micro-Economics of Family Behaviour in Developing Societies" - Mimeo. 1976.
13. Dc Tray, Dennis N. 'Child Quality and Denand for Children" in Economics of the Family. Ed: T.W. Schultz. NBER Conference Report University of Chicago Press 1974.
14. Dc Tray, Dennis. Child Quantity and DemaTld for Education", Journal of Political Economy, March/April 1973.
15. ESCAP. 'Determinants of Recent Declines in Fertility in the ESCAP Region" Background Paper (No.10) for the Third Asian and Pacific Popolation Conference Colombo, 20-29 September, 1982.
16. Eva. Mue1lr. 'The Eonomic value of Children in Peasant Agriculture" in Population and Development, Ed: Ronald G Ridker Baltimore, John Hopkins Press, 1976.
17. Graff H. J. :Literacy, Education and Fertility, Past and Present: A Critical Review" Population and Development Review V01.5 No. 1 March 1979.
18, Gronau, Reuban. "The Intra Family Allocation of Time: The Value of House Wife Time: American Economic Review, 1973.
19. Heckman James. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages and Labour Supply" Econometrics 42 July 1972.
20. Leibowitr, Arlane "Education and Home Production" American Economic Review May 1974.
21. Mauldin W.P. and P. Berelson Conditions of Fertility Decline in Developing Countries, 1965-75" Studies in Family Planning Vol.9 No.5 1976).
22. Mincer, J. Schooling Experience and Earnings" New York, Columbia University Press November 1974.
23. Miro C.A. and J. B Poter. Population Policy- Research Priorities in Devloiinq World". Rapor of the International Review Group of Social Science Research on Population and Development London: Frances Pinter 1980.
24. odded Stark. The Asset Demand for Children during Agricultural Modernization". Population and Development Review. December 1981.
25. Peter F. Mac Donald. Lardo. T. Ruzicka and Thon C. Caldwell, Inter-Relation Between Nuptiality and Fertility: The Evidence from the World Fertility Survey". World Fertility Conference Survey Record of Proceedings Volume 2, London W. F.S. 1980.
26. Rapetto R. "Economic Equality and Fertility in Developing Countries" Baltimore: John Hopkins University press for Resources for the Future, 1979.
27. Ridker, R.G. (ed). 'Population and Development: The Search for Selective Intervention Baltimore: John Hopkins University Press for Resources for the Future, 1976.
28. Rosenzweig and R.Evenson. "Fertility Schooling and the Economic Contribution of Children in Rural India: An Econometric Analysis", Econometrica 45 (1977).
29. Schultz. T.P. "Fertility Determinant: A Theory Evidence and An Application to Policy: Santa Monica. The Rand Corporation 1974.
30. Schultz, T.P. "Determinants of Fertility: A Micro-Economic Model of Choice" in A.J. Coale (ed). Economic Factors in Population Growth, London MacMillan, 1976.
31. Simon, J.L. "The Effects of Income and Fertility Chapel Hill: Carolina Population Centre, University of North, Carolina, 1974 (Monograph No.19)
32. Standing, G. "Labour Force Participation and Development" Geneva, Interhational Labour Office, 1978.
33. Weller. Robert H. "Female Labour Force Paticijation, Fertility and Population Policy" IUSSP Liege Belgium 1973.
34. Willis, Robert J. A new Approach to the Economic Theory of Fertility" in Economics of Family Edited by T.W Schultz, NBER Conference Report. The University of Chicago Press 1974.