Bibu, Nicolae Aurelian and Sala, Diana and Pantea, Marius and Bizoi, Gabriel (2008): Considerations about the Influence Factors on the Competitiveness of SME’s from Western Region of Romania. Forthcoming in: The Annals of the University of Oradea , Vol. XVII,
Download (133kB) | Preview
There are many ways in which the firm competitiveness can be understood in the related literature. The purpose of this research is to undertake a better understanding of expectations and concerns of small and medium sized enterprises from Romanian Western region, in term of competitiveness. This study presents preliminary results of a finished grant focused on SME’s competitiveness. There are some positive and negative factors in our research which are influencing firms’ competitiveness. This study has confirmed our hypothesis. The external environment influence on the competitiveness of SME’s is strong and contributes decisively to their performance.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Considerations about the Influence Factors on the Competitiveness of SME’s from Western Region of Romania|
|Keywords:||SME’s, competitiveness, growth, external factors, Romania|
|Subjects:||O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth > O1 - Economic Development > O18 - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis ; Housing ; Infrastructure
L - Industrial Organization > L2 - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior > L20 - General
M - Business Administration and Business Economics ; Marketing ; Accounting ; Personnel Economics > M1 - Business Administration > M13 - New Firms ; Startups
|Depositing User:||Aurelian BIBU|
|Date Deposited:||08. Jul 2008 00:52|
|Last Modified:||12. Feb 2013 11:15|
1. Bygrave W, Zacharakis A, (2008) Entrepreneurship, Wiley, USA
2. Chikan A., Czako E., (2005), Kutatasi tervanullmany, versenyben a viggal, 2004,2006, gazdasagi versenykepessegunk vallati nezopontbol cimu kutatas, 1 sz, muhelytanulmany, budapesti Corvinus Egytem, workshop study no 1), Centre for research on competitiveness, Institute for Corporate Economics Corvinus University; Budapest.
3. Chikan A, (2006). National and firm competitivenes: some general considerations an d the case of Hungary, proceedings, COMP REV.
4. Danaiata I. Bibu N, Prediscan Mariana, (2006) Management, Baze Teoretice, Editura Mirton.
5. G, Johnson, K, Scholes, (1993), Exploring corporate strategy, Prentice-Hall International, Hertfordshire.
6. Hornaday J. A, (1982) Research about living entrepreneurs, in Enciclopedia of entrepreneurship, Kent/Sexton/Vesper eds.
7. Khader S, A, (2001), A model for competitiveness assessment, Working paper, New Delhi.
8. Krugman P, (1994), Competitiveness: A dangerous obsession, article, Foreign affaires.
9. Longenecker, J, G, Moore, C, W., Petty J. W., Palich, Leslie E., (2006) Small business management, An entrepreneurial emphasis, 13 th edition, Thompson, South-Western.
10. Porter, M, C, Ketels, (2003), UK competitiveness: moving to the next stage, DTI, Economic Papers, ESRC.
11. Thompson A, Strikland A, J, (1998), Strategic Management, Irwin McGraw Hill.
12. OECD, (2005), Economic Outlook, Annual competitiveness reports.