Logo
Munich Personal RePEc Archive

Self-control and social media addiction (Facebook):a quantitative analysis

Habermann, Judita (2021): Self-control and social media addiction (Facebook):a quantitative analysis.

[img]
Preview
PDF
MPRA_paper_108483.pdf

Download (147kB) | Preview

Abstract

The purpose of this study is to determine the relationship between self-control and teenage social media addiction (Facebook). This study employs a quantitative approach and purposively samples 102 students in the XII level. The data collection scales used are self-control and social media addiction (Facebook). Data analysis utilizing product moment correlation approaches revealed a negative correlation between self-control and social media addiction of rxy = -0.42; p = 0.000 0.05, indicating that the more the self-control, the lower the social media addiction. And, once again, the lack of self-control correlates with a higher level of social media addiction. As a result, the hypothesis is accepted. According to the research findings, self-control contributes 17.58 percent to social media addiction, while the remaining 82.42 percent is influenced by other factors.

Atom RSS 1.0 RSS 2.0

Contact us: mpra@ub.uni-muenchen.de

This repository has been built using EPrints software.

MPRA is a RePEc service hosted by Logo of the University Library LMU Munich.