Kannan, Srinivasan (2008): Utilization of Telehealth in India.
Download (78kB) | Preview
Health care technology is in use for a decade or more in India. The use of technology in healthcare especially in public health is very common due to the recent development in Information Communication Technology. The costs of equipments in ICT are generally falling. The present paper is looking at various studies on Telehealth technology. Based on the data available on the utilization it also tries to explain the utilization pattern. The utilization of such systems depends on various factors. They include, costs of setting up and maintaining such systems, the availability of man power, e-readiness, availability of equipments, cost of access, enabling regulatory environment, sustainability of such systems and so on. The Telemedicine user meet held in May 2007 at Ahmedabad, India, there were 30612 super specialty consultations since the inception. As per the data available, there are 563 super-specialty consultations per month in 10 centres in India.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Utilization of Telehealth in India|
|English Title:||Utilization of Telehealth in India|
|Keywords:||Telehealth, Telemedicine, Ehealth, IT in Healthcare, Healthcare, India, Utilization|
|Subjects:||I - Health, Education, and Welfare > I1 - Health > I18 - Government Policy ; Regulation ; Public Health
?? R34 ??
|Depositing User:||Kannan Srinivasan|
|Date Deposited:||04. May 2009 07:35|
|Last Modified:||21. Feb 2013 08:25|
1. Dasgupta, Aparajita and Deb, Soumya, “Telemedicine: A new horizon in public health in India” Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2008 Vol 33 Issue 1 Page : 3-8
2. Dougherty, Michael, “Exploring New Modalities; Experiences with Information and Communications; Technology Interventions in the Asia-Pacific Region: A Review and Analysis of the Pan-Asia ICT R&D Grants Programme, UNDP-APDIP ICT4D Series, 2006
3. Elder, Laurent and Clarke, Michael “Past, present and future: experiences and lessons from telehealth projects” , Open Medicine 2007;1(3):e166–70 Vol 1, No 3 (2007) http://www.openmedicine.ca/article/viewArticle/191/98
4. Mishra,SK, Basnet,Rajesh and Singh, Kartar “Current Telemedicine Infrastructure, Network, Applications in India” 8th International Conference on e-Health Networking, Applications and Services, 2006. HEALTHCOM 2006 Volume, Issue , 17-19 Aug. 2006 Page(s): 46 – 49, IEEE.
5. Telemedicine user meet 2007, Ahmedabad, by ISRO Proceedings May 3-4, 2007.