Roman, Monica and Suciu, Christina (2007): International Mobility of Romanian Students in Europe: From Statistical Evidence to Policy Measures. Published in: Romanian Journal of European Studies, issue 5-6/2007 , Vol. volume, No. issue 5-6/2007 (2008): pp. 167-178.
Download (560kB) | Preview
International mobility of any kind is quite young in Romania, and it was possible only after falling of the communist regime in 1989. Consequently, the paper reflects firstly some conceptual issues on international student mobility; than, in the second part, a statistical portrait of student mobility in Romania is presented, in connection with the European context. We notices that the Romanian student mobility is lower that European one, so in the third part we focus on barriers to international student mobility, and also on policy measures that should be taken in Romania.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||International Mobility of Romanian Students in Europe: From Statistical Evidence to Policy Measures|
|English Title:||International Mobility of Romanian Students in Europe: From Statistical Evidence to Policy Measures|
|Keywords:||higher education international student mobility Romania policy measures|
|Subjects:||I - Health, Education, and Welfare > I2 - Education and Research Institutions > I23 - Higher Education ; Research Institutions|
|Depositing User:||Monica Roman|
|Date Deposited:||27 Jul 2009 08:54|
|Last Modified:||24 Feb 2016 15:54|
1. Altbach, P.G., McGill Peterson, P. (2007)- Higher Education in the new century, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, the Nederlands
2. Comsa, Tufis, C., Voicu, B. (2007), Romanaina Academic System, Students and teaches opinion, OSF, www.osf.ro
3. Dinca, G. and Damian, R. (2005). Financing of Higher Education in Romania, Bucharest, Editura Alternative.
4. Daxner, M (2007)- Migration and its Impact on Higher education in Europe, International Conference on Demographics and higer education in Europe. An institutional perspective, CEPES-UNESCO, 12-13 October, Bucharest
5. Dobre, R. (2007). “Băncile au oferte sărace de credite pentru studii” in Compact, 4 June 2007, p.6
6. Eurostat- Key Data on Higher Education in Europe, 2007
7. Miron, Dumitru. (2007). Romania, Bergen to London 2007, Secretariat Report on the Bologna Work Programme 2005-2007.
8. Păunescu, C. A.- (2003)- Brain drain and brain gain: a new perspective on highly skilled migration, Diplomatic Academy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bucharest
9. Suciu, Marta Christina.(2000). Investing in education, Economica Pub House Bucharest
10. Suciu, M.C., Roman, M., Ghetau, V (2007)- Demographics and Higher Education in Romania, Report presented at International Conference on Demographics and higer education in Europe. An institutional perspective, CEPES-UNESCO, 12-13 October, Bucharest
11. Vass, A. (2007).“Migraţia creierelor româneşti: Între risc şi oportunitate” in Piaţa Financiară, April 2007, p.78-80