Muntean, Mihaela-Carmen and Nistor, Costel and Manea, Ludmila Daniela (2009): The Knowledge Economy. Published in: The Annals of “Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati No. Fascicle I (2009)
Download (111kB) | Preview
We are living through a period of profound change and transformation of the shape of society and its underlying economic base .The nature of production, trade, employment and work in the coming decades will be very different from what it is today. In an agricultural economy land is the key resource. In industrial economy natural resources, such as coal and iron ore and labour are the main resources. A knowledge economy is one in which knowledge is the key resource. One in which the generation and the exploitation of knowledge has come to play the predominant part in the creation of wealth.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||The Knowledge Economy|
|English Title:||The Knowledge Economy|
|Keywords:||Key words: knowledge economy, globalization, organization, comparative advantage|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D83 - Search ; Learning ; Information and Knowledge ; Communication ; Belief ; Unawareness|
|Depositing User:||Mihaela-Carmen Muntean|
|Date Deposited:||19. Feb 2010 23:40|
|Last Modified:||12. Feb 2013 02:09|
1. DTI 1998, Our Competitive Future: Building the Knowledge Driven Economy, Department of Trade and Industry, London.
2. DTI 1998, Our Competitive Future: Analysis and Background, Department of Trade and Industry, London.
3. DTI 1999, Economics of the Knowledge Driven Economy, Conference Proceedings, Department of Trade and Industry, London.
4. Institute for Information Studies 1993, The Knowledge Economy: The Nature of Information in the 21st Century, Institute for Information Studies. OECD 1996, The Knowledge-Based Economy, OECD, Paris.
5. OECD 1996, Technology and Industrial Performance, OECD, Paris. OECD 1997, Towards a New Global Age, OECD, Paris.
6. OECD 1997, National Innovation Systems, OECD, Paris.
7. Pubic Policy for a Knowledge Economy – Joseph E. Stiglitz, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Banca Mondială, Londra, 27 ianuarie 1999.
8. Strategia Naţională pentru promovarea Noii Economii şi implementarea societăţii informaţionale – DRAFT, 21 februarie 2002.