Eapen, Bell R (2009): Research in Cosmetic Dermatology: Reconciling medicine with business.
Download (279kB) | Preview
Cosmetic dermatology is a marriage between medicine and business. Research in cosmetic dermatology shares the fundamental principles of clinical and pharmaceutical research. Research team can help the decision makers by giving a realistic picture of the uncertainties involved. Certain mathematical models and market research techniques can aid decision making.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Research in Cosmetic Dermatology: Reconciling medicine with business|
|Keywords:||Research; cosmeceutical; decision making|
|Subjects:||D - Microeconomics > D7 - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making > D70 - General
D - Microeconomics > D8 - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty > D81 - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C0 - General > C00 - General
|Depositing User:||Bell R Eapen|
|Date Deposited:||02. Aug 2009 02:08|
|Last Modified:||12. Feb 2013 03:21|
1. Dogra S. Fate of medical dermatology in the era of cosmetic dermatology and dermatosurgery. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2009;75(1):4-7.
2. Kligman D. Cosmeceuticals. Dermatol Clin 2000;18(4):609-15.
3. Millikan LE. Cosmetology, cosmetics, cosmeceuticals: definitions and regulations. Clin Dermatol 2001;19(4):371-4.
4. Eapen BR. Molecular biology of botulinum neurotoxin serotype A: a cosmetic perspective. J Cosmet Dermatol 2008;7(3):221-5.
5. Dang JM, Krause D, Felten RP, Luke MK. Medical device regulation: what a practicing dermatologist should know. Dermatol Ther 2009;22:241-245.
6. Fischer HP, Heyse S. From targets to leads: the importance of advanced data analysis for decision support in drug discovery. Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 2005;8(3):334-46.
7. Preston PW, Lanigan SW. Patient satisfaction with laser hair removal. J Cosmet Dermatol 2003;2(2):68-72.
8. Tomar J, Jain VK, Aggarwal K, Dayal S, Gupta S. Contact allergies to cosmetics: testing with 52 cosmetic ingredients and personal products. J Dermatol 2005;32(12):951-5.
9. Bielfeldt S, Buttgereit P, Brandt M, Springmann G, Wilhelm KP. Non-invasive evaluation techniques to quantify the efficacy of cosmetic anti-cellulite products. Skin Res Technol 2008;14(3):336-46.
10. Tseng SH, Grant A, Durkin AJ. In vivo determination of skin near-infrared optical properties using diffuse optical spectroscopy. J Biomed Opt 2008;13(1):014016.
11. Verdier-Sevrain S, Bonte F. Skin hydration: a review on its molecular mechanisms. J Cosmet Dermatol 2007;6(2):75-82.
12. Mun GC, Aardema MJ, Hu T, Barnett B, Kaluzhny Y, Klausner M, et al. Further development of the EpiDerm 3D reconstructed human skin micronucleus (RSMN) assay. Mutat Res 2009;673(2):92-9.
13. Yee S. Laser hair removal in Fitzpatrick type IV to VI patients. Facial Plast Surg 2005;21(2):139-44.
14. Alijotas-Reig J, Garcia-Gimenez V. Delayed immune-mediated adverse effects related to hyaluronic acid and acrylic hydrogel dermal fillers: clinical findings, long-term follow-up and review of the literature. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2008;22(2):150-61.
15. Walgrave SE, Ortiz AE, MacFalls HT, Elkeeb L, Truitt AK, Tournas JA, et al. Evaluation of a novel fractional resurfacing device for treatment of acne scarring. Lasers Surg Med 2009;41(2):122-7.
16. Rahman Z, MacFalls H, Jiang K, Chan KF, Kelly K, Tournas J, et al. Fractional deep dermal ablation induces tissue tightening. Lasers Surg Med 2009;41(2):78-86.
17. Dahl OJ. Six Sigma and modifications to gain an efficient practice. J Med Pract Manage 2008;24(2):88-90.
18. Williams DR, Hammes PH. Real options reasoning in healthcare: an integrative approach and synopsis. J Healthc Manag 2007;52(3):170-86; discussion 187.
19. Sanfey AG. Social decision-making: insights from game theory and neuroscience. Science 2007;318(5850):598-602.
20. Scott GC, Shachter RD. Individualizing generic decision models using assessments as evidence. J Biomed Inform 2005;38(4):281-97.
21. Mariampolski H. Qualitative Market Research: A Comprehensive Guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2001.
22. Eapen BR. Informatics in Clinical Practice Monitoring and Strategic Planning. Middle East Journal of Family Medicine 2006;4(5):44-47.