Mohamed, Issam A.W. (2011): Optimization of hydroelectric power generation, case study of Roseires Dam in Sudan.
Download (607kB) | Preview
Water reservoirs are large pools of water created stream or river catchment's areas and torrential rains and for storing water for use in many ways, and perhaps electric power generation is one of the most important uses of these reservoirs and for agriculture. That is extremely beneficial considering a rare and limited economic resources. Applied stochastic processes model has been applied in the work of Roseires dam, in order to develop a system to generate the highest possible power in the resources available. The current paper aims to apply another model, which is a dynamic programming model to verify the possibility of developing the same system and thus generate the highest possible electricity from the reservoir. Data collected from the Ministry of Irrigation and the National Electricity Cooperation and international information network during the years 2006-2007.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Optimization of hydroelectric power generation, case study of Roseires Dam in Sudan|
|English Title:||Optimization of Hydroelectric Power Generation, Case Study of Roseires Dam in Sudan|
|Subjects:||C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C0 - General > C00 - General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C0 - General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C4 - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics > C40 - General
A - General Economics and Teaching > A1 - General Economics > A10 - General
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C0 - General > C01 - Econometrics
C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods > C8 - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology ; Computer Programs > C80 - General
|Depositing User:||Professor Issam A.W. Mohamed|
|Date Deposited:||15. Jun 2011 00:05|
|Last Modified:||10. Mar 2015 18:53|
1. Betsekas, D.P. (1978) Dynamic Programming Deterministic and Stochastic Models. New Jersey.
2. Cooper, L. & Cooper, M.W. (1991) Introduction to Dynamic Programming. Pergaman Press.
3. Druce, D.J. (1990) Incorporating Daily Flood Control objectives into a Monthly Stochastic Dynamic programming for a Hydroelectric complex. Water Resources. 26 (1).
4. Goulter, I.C. & Tai F.K. (1985) Practical Implications in the Use of Stochastic Dynamic Programming for Reservoir Operation. Water Resources. 21 (1), 65 -74.
5. Kelman, J. et al (1990) Sampling Stochastic Dynamic Programming Applied to Reservoir Operation. Water Resources. 62 (3), 447 – 454.
6. Kelmes. V. (1974) Probability Distribution of Outflow from a linear Reservoir. Journal of Hydrology 21, 303.
7. Maidmenl, D. and Chow, V. (1981) Stochastic State Variable Dynamic Programming for Reservoir Systems Analysis. Water Resources. 17 (6) 1578.