Skokan, Karel (2002): Industry Clusters v regionálním rozvoji. Published in: Ekonomická revue, VSB-TU Ostrava , Vol. 5, No. 2 (2002): pp. 50-60.
Download (187kB) | Preview
The concept of „Industry Clusters“ has become very popular in the vocabulary of regional planners and researchers throughout the world in the last decade, namely in the United States, European Union and generally in OECD countries. However it has been not known in the Czech Republic yet. The paper aims to introduce the industry cluster concept and definition, the ways of cluster identification, the factors affecting cluster development and their contribution to regional development policies. The example of preliminary industry cluster analysis in Moravia Silesia region in the Czech Republic is presented in the conclusion and the potential clusters are identified.
|Item Type:||MPRA Paper|
|Original Title:||Industry Clusters v regionálním rozvoji|
|English Title:||Industry Clusters in Regional Development|
|Keywords:||Cluster, industry analysis, regional development|
|Subjects:||R - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics > R5 - Regional Government Analysis > R58 - Regional Development Planning and Policy
L - Industrial Organization > L5 - Regulation and Industrial Policy > L52 - Industrial Policy ; Sectoral Planning Methods
R - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics > R3 - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location > R38 - Government Policy
|Depositing User:||Karel Skokan|
|Date Deposited:||28. Dec 2008 03:41|
|Last Modified:||22. Apr 2015 21:11|
1. Maier, G., Tödling, F.: Regionálna a urbanistická ekonomika. Teória lokalizácie a priestorová štruktúra. Bratislava, Elita 1997.
2. Bergman, E. M., Feser, E., J.: Industrial and Regional Clusters: Concepts and Comparative Applications. Regional Research Institute, WVU 1999.
3. Business clusters in the UK – A first assessment. Department of Trade and Industry by a consortium led by Trends Business Research. 2001.
4.Innovative Clusters: Drivers of National Innovation Systems. OECD Proceedings, 2001.
5. Porter M.: The Competitive Advantage of Nations. New York. Free Press, 1990.
6. Porter, M.: Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy. Economic Development Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 1, February 2000, pp. 15 – 34.
7. Roelandt, T. J. A., den Hertog, P. (Ed.): Cluster Analysis & Cluster Based Policy in OECD Countries. Hague Utrecht, OECD Focus Group, 1998.