Munich Personal RePEc Archive

Higher education institutions at the Romanian - Hungarian border prior to the war: Academy of Law, Oradea

Chirodea, Florentina (2010): Higher education institutions at the Romanian - Hungarian border prior to the war: Academy of Law, Oradea. Published in: Ioan Horga, Istvan Suli-Zakar, Cross-Border Partnership: with special regard to the Hungarian – Romanian – Ukrainian tripartite border, University of Oradea Press, 2010 (2010): pp. 89-94.

[img]
Preview
PDF
MPRA_paper_44983.pdf

Download (83kB) | Preview

Abstract

Oradea, an important cultural, economic and administrative town at the Western border of Romania, is known as an academic center since 1780 through its area of operation for over two centuries of the Academy of Law. The Romanian age of higher education institutions has proven to be a step in regaining the status of high school like the other existing universities in the country between the wars. The abolition of the Academy and its merger with the Faculty of Law of the University of Cluj, in 1934, was a great loss for the city of Oradea, the values gathered during more that two centuries of high school, representing a solid fundament for the academic education, from this part of the country, after the second world war.

UB_LMU-Logo
MPRA is a RePEc service hosted by
the Munich University Library in Germany.